Thank you for considering a career with Delawie. We always enjoy hearing from enthusiastic, qualified architects, interior designers, and interns interested in joining Delawie! The firm promotes a culture of collaboration and creativity, where team members at every level are empowered to contribute. Delawie values their people and has cultivated a great office culture with a bi-weekly breakfast club, monthly lunch seminars, a lunchtime run club and study groups for those interested in pursuing licensure.
Delawie, a leading sustainable and high-performance architecture and interior design firm founded in 1961, is currently seeking a creative and motivated Architectural Intern to be Architectural Drafter/Designer in their new office in San Diego, minutes from downtown and Mission Bay Park.
The firm’s principals lead and mentor over 50 design professionals. Delawie promotes a culture of collaboration and creativity, where team members at every level are empowered to contribute. The firm values their people and has cultivated a great office culture with a bi-weekly breakfast club, monthly lunch seminars, a lunchtime run club and study groups for those interested in pursuing licensure.
The Architectural Intern candidate should be able to communicate well with consultants, clients, and other business associates as well as in-house team members. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
- 3-5 years of experience completing design and construction documents for hospitality, commercial, military, educational and/or corporate.
- Proficiency with Revit is an absolute requirement.
- AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and preparation of presentation materials is highly desirable.
- Effective verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills are needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture is desired.
- Prepare construction documents in collaboration with Project Architect and Project Team in Revit
- Collaborate in an innovative and respectful team environment.
- Prepare presentation documents in SketchUp and/or Revit.
- Research building and municipal codes for project requirements.
- Participate in design and project coordination with team and consultants.
- Attend project and consultant meetings as required in a support role.
- Assist in researching, organizing, and coordinating project information.
Please submit your resumé, a cover letter and work samples (not to exceed 4 MB) in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we are interested in an interview or for additional information.Delawie is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.