Thank you for considering a career with Delawie. Our firm offers the excitement of an innovative workplace environment with the stability of an established architectural and interior design practice. Join our dynamic and modern office in San Diego, California, for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career. You will grow with a team of more than 50 architects, interior designers, and other professionals working together to design and create for our clients.
We care about our people. Delawie offers a wide range of benefits for our employees and their families. Our benefits include time off, flexible work hours, healthcare, retirement plans, and learning and development programs.
EMPLOYEE LEARNING + CULTURE
Continuing Education / Career Development:
We offer professional and personal development opportunities, including Tuesday/Thursday vendor lunch seminars, continuing education seminars, Wednesday interiors product lunches, monthly catered all staff lunch meetings, and quarterly BBQ lunches.
We Work Hard and Have Fun:
From individual project team building events to bake sales, social hours, community service opportunities and our annual over-the-top holiday party, there is always something going on at Delawie.
We create inclusive environments where ideas grow, innovation flourishes and people can be themselves. The diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints, and ideas is what makes Delawie a special place. We are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
HEALTH + WELLNESS
Delawie offers a comprehensive and competitive package for medical, and dental. Packages include the option of HMO or PPO.
Alternative Work Schedule – Shortened Fridays:
In order to support a work/life balance, Delawie has an alternative work schedule that allows for shortened Friday’s.
Delawie offers paid holidays to qualified employees throughout the year.
Everyone needs to recharge their battery by taking a vacation. It may be spending time with family and friends or taking a planned trip. Depending on years of service employees accrue time throughout the year.
401K w/ Company Match:
Under the plan, employees may contribute a part of their salary and defer taxes until retirement. For the first 6% of your salary that you contribute to the retirement plan, Delawie will match 50% of the amount. (Some limitations may apply based on IRS regulations.)
Life Insurance and AD&D:
Delawie provides a group life insurance policy and long term disability insurance at no cost to the employee. Employees have the option to purchase additional coverage. Delawie also offers accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care:
These benefits are a well-known income deferral plan designed to allow you the opportunity to set aside pre-tax income to pay for non-reimbursed medical expenses, company provided health care premiums, and qualified dependent daycare expenses.
Accounting and Operations Professional
Delawie is an established architectural and interior design firm seeking an accounting
and operations professional for full or part time employment.
- Create, format, and manage Financial Reports in Deltek Vision Software including
Accrual Income Statement, Accrual Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and
Project Reports in Deltek Vision Software.
- Supervise accounting staff for functions such as billing, accounts payable,
accounts receivable, payroll, benefits, and fixed assets.
- Lead Project Managers on project financial progress, profitability and reporting.
- Coordinate with CPA, legal counsel, and insurance agents for financial, tax,
contract and risk issues.
- Performs monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL
reconciliations, and cash management.
- Finance and Operations projects as needed.
- Strong technical skills to oversee project based ERP accounting software, create
management reports and assist with upgrades and maintenance of enterprise
resource planning systems (all modules) and limited use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with AE software package Deltek Vision or similar is required.
- Professional must be experienced at producing both accrual and cash financial reports
and communicating results to senior management. Must have GAAP knowledge and
experience to make recommendations for process improvements within the company.
Should have ability to maintain excellent client and consultant relationships, while at the
same time possess solid operational insight for driving projects.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 -6 years minimum experience in increasingly responsible management role of ﬁnancial
reporting and analysis in project based ERP software, cost accounting, revenue
recognition, cash management and contract administration.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter in .pdf format to email@example.com.
Delawie is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify
program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Senior Interior Designer
Delawie is currently seeking a creative and inspired Interior Designer in their San Diego office, minutes from downtown and Mission Bay Park.
The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, should be able to communicate well with consultants, clients and other business associates as well as in-house team members. Ability to redline and coordinate construction documentation, and lead team towards creative and unique solutions.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience completing design and construction documents for hospitality, commercial, and/or corporate.
- Knowledge of Space Planning, Design Development, Interior Detailing, Finish Selection and preparation of presentation materials.
- Computer proficient, including; Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office.
- Effective verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, collaborative environment.
- NCDQ Certified
Architectural Project Manager/Designer
Delawie is seeking a creative and motivated Architectural Project Manager/Designer with 4-8 years of professional experience.
The person in this position will provide high-level production of construction documentation as well as be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of projects assigned to them. The Project Manager will develop project schedules, estimate staffing requirements, communicate with clients, consultants, and project team members, and navigate local jurisdictions for project requirements and permitting. The person in this role must be comfortable making decisions in a fast paced environment, must be able to lead a team of junior designers within our unique SoCal office culture.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in design/project management, with a focus on design and construction documents for hospitality, commercial, corporate and/or educational project types.
- Proven ability to develop, monitor and manage project scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Proficiency with Revit required.
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp Modeling, MS Office, MS Project, and preparation of presentation materials.
- Effective verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Experience working directly with clients
- Architectural License strongly preferred
Delawie is seeking a creative and motivated Architectural Intern with 3-5 years of professional experience.
The Architectural Intern candidate should be able to communicate well with consultants, clients, and other business associates as well as in-house team members. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
- 3-5 years of experience completing design and construction documents for hospitality, commercial, military, educational and/or corporate.
- Proficiency with Revit is an absolute requirement.
- AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and preparation of presentation materials is highly desirable.
- Effective verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills are needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture is desired.
- Prepare construction documents in collaboration with Project Architect and Project Team in Revit
- Collaborate in an innovative and respectful team environment.
- Prepare presentation documents in SketchUp and/or Revit.
- Research building and municipal codes for project requirements.
- Participate in design and project coordination with team and consultants.
- Attend project and consultant meetings as required in a support role.
- Assist in researching, organizing, and coordinating project information.
To apply for a position, please submit your resumé, a cover letter and work samples (not to exceed 4 MB) in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we are interested in an interview or for additional information.
Delawie is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.