Share

Historic Building 158 Naval Base Point Loma

Historic Building 158 Naval Base Point Loma

Project details

Historic Building 158

Delawie rehabilitated and retrofit an historic brick building to create a two-story space with a basement suitable for administration and training. The project includes selective demolition to cut openings for completion of a seismic retrofit, and installation of an elevator and ramp to bring the building into ADA compliance. Work includes constructing walls throughout all three floors to enclose offices, interview rooms, an evidence room, men’s and women’s locker rooms, storage areas, and classrooms. The project also installs a new generator, HVAC, and repairs the existing pavement around the facility.

 

 

A major design feature on the second floor was the choice to leave exposed the building’s original wooden trusses which were hidden for over 100 years. Built in 1908 by the Army Quartermaster Corps, the structure is the only brick building on Naval Base Point Loma. It was originally used as the Post Exchange and Gymnasium.

  • Year: 2020
  • Location: Naval Base Point Loma
  • Size: 35,000 SF
  • Program: Admin, Training, Offices, Locker Rooms, Classrooms